- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 4 14.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes ( I like Hunts)
- 1 10 oz. can of Rotel tomatoes
- 1 6 oz. can of tomato paste ( I like Hunts)
- 1 pkg. fresh mushrooms
- 1 tbs. minced garlic
- 1 lb of spaghetti ( I use wheat noodles)
- 2 tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese
Spaghetti seasoning mix- (in a hurry use McCormick’s Thick and Zesty Mix)
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 2 tsp of dried basil
- ½ tsp. of parsley
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- In a soup pot, add browned ground beef, canned tomatoes, canned Rotel, and canned tomato paste.
- In a skillet sauté garlic and sliced mushrooms in the olive oil. Once sautéed, add to the soup pot.
- Add spaghetti spices and cook on low heat stirring often. Best if it can simmer awhile, but can be cooked quickly.
- Boil 4-5 cups of water for noodles. Add a tbs. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the water and a little salt. Let boil and then drain.
- Serve with the fresh parmesan.